ADAPT Driver Education

Drink & Drug Driver Behaviour Change Program ( DDDBCP )

ADAPT Drink Driver Program
PO Box 81
Coldstream Vic 3770

ABN 63 806 732 557
Vic Road Approval No 28881


Behaviour Change Program


Advocacy and support


Referrals for further treatment

 ADAPT Drink & Drug Driver Program is one of many agencies approved by VicRoads (approval No 28881 ) to deliver a behaviour change programs in Victoria.

ADAPT offers Victorian drink and drug drivers with Drink Drive BCP; Drug Drive BCP; Intensive Drink & Drug Drive BCP and 2 hour Pre-Interlock Removal Program .

To enrol into either program, please contact, Nelly on 0412 731 785 or Complete Book online.  It is your responsibility to book into correct BCP. ADAPT dose not provide refund for incorrect bookings.  Please contact VicRoads on 1300 310607 to obtain correct BCP requirement. 


Intensive BCP


July 13-20-27 – FULL

August:    17-24-31. FULL

Sept: 7-14-21    10am -1pm

Oct:  5-12-19   10am – 1pm



July 18-25-Aug 1st – FULL 




August  6-13-20

1pm – 4pm

2-hour Pre-Interlock removal BCP

July 26th  5pm -7pm ONLINE 

Drug Drive BCP


July   –  FULL


August 15 & 22 – 2pm – 5pm

Sept:  12 & 19   2pm – 5pm



Drink Drive BCP 




August 15 & 22 – 5pm to 8pm

Sept:   12 & 19   5pm – 8pm



July    –   FULL



call office – 0412731785


Cost - Includes VicRoads fee

to secure your place in a Program, payment must be made at least 5 days before start date.

Stage-1  BCP FEES

2 x 3 hours Group session

Full Fee- $410     

Conc Fee – $370


 3 x 3hr Group session

(fee includes 1 x Individual session)

Full Fee $827    

Concession Fee $734

2hr   PreInterlock   BCP

Full Fee $225       Concession N/A

Make an enquiry


Thank you for visiting ADAPT.

Due to COVID restrictions easing, ADAPT online (zoom) session will end on 31st May 2022.

Please contact us on 0412 731 785 and  we will assist you to book into a face2face venue, that is currently available.

PLEASE NOTE:  BCP dates are  not available in all areas.

ALSO Please be aware of our NO Refund Policy before making a booking.


ADAPT Drink Driver Program 
VicRoads approval No: 28881



“Thank you Nelly for providing us a non-judgemental space to have our say…It was a lovely facilitation and I thoroughly enjoyed it”


Great Program…Great initiative from VicRoads empowering drivers to take responsibility for their actions.   Thanks for the detailed information on interlocks, Nelly.

Linda S

Great Program. Interesting statistics about so many drivers drive under the legal limit. Very well structure program. Thanks Nelly.”


Was different to my expectation. I enjoyed this program, from the get go, I felt accepted into the group. No judgement about being down this road twice. It allowed all drink drivers to tell their stories and share their experiences and strategies to avoid re-offending.”


I was anxious, not knowing what to expect tonight but the moment I met you in the corridor (not knowing you were the teacher), I immediately opened up & shared my story and the same kindness flowed through the 2 sessions. Thank you.

Tanja M

I had done the drink drive program before and wasn’t keen on doing it again but the BCP is a totally different concept. Finally I was offered an opportunity to have ‘my say’ and what I think will  work for me… great program  Nel.


Thanks for helping me through this difficult 6 months. I have now learnt to ‘separate my drinking from my driving.

J Singh

Frequently Asked Questions

Getting your licence back

Find out what you need to do to get your licence* back after a drink-driving offence.

If you lost your licence for a drink-driving offence you may have to go to a Victorian Magistrates’ Court before applying to VicRoads to get your licence reissued.

Some drivers can come straight to VicRoads and don’t have to go to court. This depends on:

  • when your offence was committed
  • your Blood or Breath Alcohol Concentration (BAC) reading
  • if this was your first offence.

*Licence means any Victorian learner permits and/or driver/motorcycle licence.

Who will manage my relicensing requirements?

You can apply directly to us to get your licence back if this was your first drink-driving offence and you:

  • committed your offence on or after 1 October 2014 in Victoria and
  • had a BAC reading below .10
  • didn’t have any illicit drugs in your system and
  • had your licence cancelled.

Find out how to get your licence back under ‘VicRoads managed drivers‘ below.

Magistrates’ Court

If you committed any of the below offences in Victoria, you’ll need to attend a Victorian Magistrates’ Court before you can get your licence back:

  • all first time drink-driving offences with a BAC of .10 or more
  • all repeat drink-driving offences
  • all drug-driving offences where your licence is cancelled
  • serious alcohol-related offences such as culpable driving
  • all offences relating to refusal to be tested for alcohol or drugs
  • first time drink-driving offences committed before 1 October 2014 with a BAC between .07 and less than .10*
  • all combined drink and drug-driving offences committed on or after 1 August 2015
  • all other offences that may require an alcohol interlock condition.

Find out how to get your licence back under ‘Court managed drivers‘ below.

*Note: First time drink-drivers who were required to attend court for an offence committed prior to 1 October 2014, with a BAC less than 0.07, can apply directly to VicRoads to have their licence reissued.

VicRoads managed drivers
If your relicensing is managed by VicRoads (not court), you’ll need to follow these steps to get your licence back:
  1. Complete a Behaviour Change Program. Make sure you get an original certificate of completion as you’ll need that to get your licence reissued.
  2. Serve your cancellation period in full.
  3. Go to a VicRoads Customer Service Centre to apply to get your licence back. See ‘Get your driver licence reissued’ below for details.
  4. Follow the conditions on your reissued licence. This will include an alcohol interlock ‘I’ condition and a zero BAC ‘Z’ condition. By law, we have to impose alcohol interlock and zero BAC conditions upon getting licensed. Find out more about the ‘I’ & ‘Z’ licence conditions below.

The removal of your alcohol interlock licence condition will also be decided by us, not the Court. See Completing the Alcohol Interlock Program.

Court managed drivers

You’ll need to get a Licence Eligibility Order (LEO) from the Magistrates’ Court before we’ll reissue your licence.

You’ll need to follow these steps to get your licence back:

  1. Plan ahead and find out what reports you need and/or Behaviour Change Program you need to complete. Some requirements may need to be done several months before your court hearing.
    • Depending on the offence you committed and when it was committed, you may need to complete a Behaviour Change Program, obtain a licence eligibility report or undergo an assessment through an accredited assessment agency. If you’re not sure what you need to do, find out more by contacting your nearest Magistrates’ Court(External link) for further advice.
    • You may need a record of your driving history. See ‘Driving record‘ below for details.
  2. Book your Licence Eligibility Order (LEO) court hearing:
    • To get a LEO, attend a Magistrates’ Court at least 28 days before your licence cancellation period ends to arrange a hearing.
    • The court will set a hearing date at least 28 days ahead, but not before your cancellation ends.
  3. Participate in, where required, an interview with Victoria Police before your court hearing.
  4. Serve your full cancellation period.
  5. Attend your court hearing. The court will decide whether to issue you with a Licence Eligibility Order.
    • Depending on the offence you committed and when it was committed, your LEO may have an alcohol interlock condition imposed for a minimum period of time that will be shown on your LEO.
  6. Go to a VicRoads Customer Service Centre with your LEO to apply to get your licence back. See ‘Get your driver licence reissued’ below for details.
  7. Follow the conditions on your reissued licence. This may include an alcohol interlock ‘I’ condition depending on your offence and will include a zero BAC ‘Z’ condition. Find out more about the ‘I & Z licence conditions‘ below. The removal of your alcohol interlock licence condition will be decided by the court. See Completing the Alcohol Interlock Program.
Driving record

If you need to get an LEO, the Magistrates’ Court may need a record of your driving history. 

Visit Check driver history to get your driver history report.

Behaviour Change Program

If you have committed a drink or drug-driving offence, you will need to complete a Behaviour Change Program (BCP) before you can get your licence back.

The BCP is designed to help you to identify the underlying reason for your drink and or drug-driving offence and to help you to identify actions to reduce the risk of re-offending in the future.

Please wait until you receive a letter in the post from us so you know the right program to book into.

The specific type of BCP you need to complete depends on the details of your offence. Refer to Drink-driving penalties, Drug-driving penalties or Combined drink and drug-driving penalties for more information.

To find a BCP provider, see Behaviour change program providers 

Get your driver licence reissued

Once you’ve served your cancellation period and met all other requirements, you’ll need to visit a VicRoads Customer Service Centre to apply to get your driver licence reissued. You’ll need to bring your:

If you haven’t held a current Australian or overseas driver licence in the last five years or need to reissue a motorcycle learner permit, you’ll also need to be retested before your licence or learner permit is issued. Visit Renew your licence or learner permit for information about what tests are required and how to make an appointment.

Sign Up Today



Copyright 2019 ADAPT Drink Drive Program | ABN 63 806 732 557 | All Rights Reserved | Drink & Drug Behaviour Change Program | Sitemap | web :