Drink and Drug Drive Behaviour Change Program (DDDBCP)


ADAPT provides: Intensive BCP 3 x 3hr group;  2 x 3hr standard Drink and Drug drive BCP and 1x 2hr Pre interlock removal BCP. Please make sure you are booking into the correct BCP. Call VicRoads on 1300 310 607.

Call Nelly Today 0412 731 785

Experience and Knowledge that you can trust

Drink & Drug Drive Program

ADAPT Drink Driver program was established in 2002 under the accreditation of Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS). We are one of many agencies approved by VicRoads to deliver the BCP in a number of areas in Victoria.

Delivery Locations

Currently we offer all Drink/Drug Drive BCP’s online via ZOOM.

Drink Drive BCP Venues:

Drug Drive BCP Venues:

Intensive BCP Venues:  


Booking Requirements

At the time of booking your will be required to provide your driver’s license number. If you have received your letter from VicRoads, please bring that along to the session together with photo ID.


To secure your place in a Program, full payment must be made at least 5 days prior to the commencement dateIf you are unable to pay full amount, please discuss a deposit amount and payment plan with the office manager. An email will be sent with EFT payment details and payment can be made with bank transfer or credit card.


FULL- Intensive BCP- $847 Standard BCP - $420

Includes $67 VicRoads Program Cost Recovery Fee

CONCESSION Intensive - $754 Standard - $380

Includes $34 Vic Roads Program Recovery Fee. ( to claim concession you must be the primary card holder )

Program Attendance : Please bring a writing pen and photo ID that identifies you and your current address, as registered with VicRoads.  (Please read VicRoads’ standards of acceptable identity for clarification; https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/evidence-of-identity/types-of-identity-documents


ADAPT Drink Driver Program 
VicRoads approval No: 28881


Frequently Asked Questions

Getting your licence back

Find out what you need to do to get your licence* back after a drink-driving offence.

If you lost your licence for a drink-driving offence you may have to go to a Victorian Magistrates’ Court before applying to VicRoads to get your licence reissued.

Some drivers can come straight to VicRoads and don’t have to go to court. This depends on:

  • when your offence was committed
  • your Blood or Breath Alcohol Concentration (BAC) reading
  • if this was your first offence.

*Licence means any Victorian learner permits and/or driver/motorcycle licence.

Who will manage my relicensing requirements?

You can apply directly to us to get your licence back if this was your first drink-driving offence and you:

  • committed your offence on or after 1 October 2014 in Victoria and
  • had a BAC reading below .10
  • didn’t have any illicit drugs in your system and
  • had your licence cancelled.

Find out how to get your licence back under ‘VicRoads managed drivers‘ below.

Magistrates’ Court

If you committed any of the below offences in Victoria, you’ll need to attend a Victorian Magistrates’ Court before you can get your licence back:

  • all first time drink-driving offences with a BAC of .10 or more
  • all repeat drink-driving offences
  • all drug-driving offences where your licence is cancelled
  • serious alcohol-related offences such as culpable driving
  • all offences relating to refusal to be tested for alcohol or drugs
  • first time drink-driving offences committed before 1 October 2014 with a BAC between .07 and less than .10*
  • all combined drink and drug-driving offences committed on or after 1 August 2015
  • all other offences that may require an alcohol interlock condition.

Find out how to get your licence back under ‘Court managed drivers‘ below.

*Note: First time drink-drivers who were required to attend court for an offence committed prior to 1 October 2014, with a BAC less than 0.07, can apply directly to VicRoads to have their licence reissued.

VicRoads managed drivers
If your relicensing is managed by VicRoads (not court), you’ll need to follow these steps to get your licence back:
  1. Complete a Behaviour Change Program. Make sure you get an original certificate of completion as you’ll need that to get your licence reissued.
  2. Serve your cancellation period in full.
  3. Go to a VicRoads Customer Service Centre to apply to get your licence back. See ‘Get your driver licence reissued’ below for details.
  4. Follow the conditions on your reissued licence. This will include an alcohol interlock ‘I’ condition and a zero BAC ‘Z’ condition. By law, we have to impose alcohol interlock and zero BAC conditions upon getting licensed. Find out more about the ‘I’ & ‘Z’ licence conditions below.

The removal of your alcohol interlock licence condition will also be decided by us, not the Court. See Completing the Alcohol Interlock Program.

Court managed drivers

You’ll need to get a Licence Eligibility Order (LEO) from the Magistrates’ Court before we’ll reissue your licence.

You’ll need to follow these steps to get your licence back:

  1. Plan ahead and find out what reports you need and/or Behaviour Change Program you need to complete. Some requirements may need to be done several months before your court hearing.
    • Depending on the offence you committed and when it was committed, you may need to complete a Behaviour Change Program, obtain a licence eligibility report or undergo an assessment through an accredited assessment agency. If you’re not sure what you need to do, find out more by contacting your nearest Magistrates’ Court(External link) for further advice.
    • You may need a record of your driving history. See ‘Driving record‘ below for details.
  2. Book your Licence Eligibility Order (LEO) court hearing:
    • To get a LEO, attend a Magistrates’ Court at least 28 days before your licence cancellation period ends to arrange a hearing.
    • The court will set a hearing date at least 28 days ahead, but not before your cancellation ends.
  3. Participate in, where required, an interview with Victoria Police before your court hearing.
  4. Serve your full cancellation period.
  5. Attend your court hearing. The court will decide whether to issue you with a Licence Eligibility Order.
    • Depending on the offence you committed and when it was committed, your LEO may have an alcohol interlock condition imposed for a minimum period of time that will be shown on your LEO.
  6. Go to a VicRoads Customer Service Centre with your LEO to apply to get your licence back. See ‘Get your driver licence reissued’ below for details.
  7. Follow the conditions on your reissued licence. This may include an alcohol interlock ‘I’ condition depending on your offence and will include a zero BAC ‘Z’ condition. Find out more about the ‘I & Z licence conditions‘ below. The removal of your alcohol interlock licence condition will be decided by the court. See Completing the Alcohol Interlock Program.
Driving record

If you need to get an LEO, the Magistrates’ Court may need a record of your driving history. 

Visit Check driver history to get your driver history report.

Behaviour Change Program

If you have committed a drink or drug-driving offence, you will need to complete a Behaviour Change Program (BCP) before you can get your licence back.

The BCP is designed to help you to identify the underlying reason for your drink and or drug-driving offence and to help you to identify actions to reduce the risk of re-offending in the future.

Please wait until you receive a letter in the post from us so you know the right program to book into.

The specific type of BCP you need to complete depends on the details of your offence. Refer to Drink-driving penalties, Drug-driving penalties or Combined drink and drug-driving penalties for more information.

To find a BCP provider, see Behaviour change program providers 

Get your driver licence reissued

Once you’ve served your cancellation period and met all other requirements, you’ll need to visit a VicRoads Customer Service Centre to apply to get your driver licence reissued. You’ll need to bring your:

If you haven’t held a current Australian or overseas driver licence in the last five years or need to reissue a motorcycle learner permit, you’ll also need to be retested before your licence or learner permit is issued. Visit Renew your licence or learner permit for information about what tests are required and how to make an appointment.

Sign Up Today